CONNECTICUT TOURISM INDUSTRY
The following scholarships/grants will be awarded:
Richard B. Combs Hospitality Scholarship/Grant ………….. $1000
Walter Schoenknecht Tourism & Travel Scholarship/Grant…$1000
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION:
- Student must be a resident of Connecticut.
- Student must be a senior at a Connecticut high school (public or private), a High School graduate who has not yet begun a college curriculum, or an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university or college.
- The award winner must attend an accredited university or college on a full or part-time basis (minimum 6 credit hours) pursuing a tourism or hospitality degree program.
- A completed application form must be received (hand delivered or mailed) on or before March 18, 2020. All applications must be addressed to the Scholarship Grant Committee at the Connecticut Office of Tourism. The applicant must provide:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one academic and on professional,
- A transcript of the current academic record,
- Personal Letter of Intent (how will this grant help you to achieve your academic goals?),
- Include a personal resume
Scholarship/Grants are awarded on the basis of academic and personal achievement as well as demonstrated interest in hospitality or tourism industry.
Winners will be notified no later than April 2, 2020. Winners will each receive a check in the amount of $1,000.00 made payable directly to the student's college or university.
Visit www.decd.org for application and details.